October 24, 2009
I am not even kidding you ... I haven't laughed as hard as I did this weekend with Jamie than I have in a long time. Before they left I had made the request of us two getting a picture together. For whatever reason, it turned into quite the photo shoot and we had a good laugh as you can see. I think Grace had just as much fun taking the pictures!
Oh I laughed just sitting here to post them. Good times!
(Not sure we ever got a real normal one but these were way more fun.)
I also wanted to get all the kids together - Daisy included!
As I have said, I took Monday off so I was happy to spend the day with them. I ended up letting the kids stay home as well. It was a nice day and they didn't leave until after 2:00 so we had a good part of the day with them.
Then it was off to the orthodontist for Grace. It was for the final consult with the doctor setting up his plan of action. She will be getting braces on - but not until January! They were booking out that far. Crazy! It isn't like it is a huge deal, I mean we can wait. But better to get it started so they will get done. We are in a place between my job and Ed's dental insurance that we are able to take care of it without too much out of pocket expense so that is nice.
Our week was fairly uneventful. Work and school sums it up really. Grace's softball season ended and she has now started volleyball. I am really proud of her because she is doing all the sports and doing her best. It sounds like there is a bit of running at practice now and she is not a fan of running, but she is doing it. I think she is even proud of herself!
Speaking of proud of her. I will share my proud-mom moment of the week. Grace had a math test this week. Evidently it was not easy and was 100points. So she came home two days ago to say she got 100 on it. Yay Grace! But that isn't the proud part. I guess only three people got 100 on it. The teacher was saying that to the class and the other two were all excited and bragging about their score. Well Grace's teacher said something to her about "You really rocked that test didn't you Grace? You are the other one that got 100 aren't you?" Yes, she was. Well he said how he was proud of her for not bragging like the other students and patted her on the back. My heart just smiled when she told me that. I told her how I was more proud of her for that little bit of it than the score and she said "That's what I was thinking!" So she saw how it paid off to be humble and all. I don't think Hunter quite got it and I was saying how imagine if you are the kid sitting next to her and you didn't do so well ... How would it feel to hear her saying how great she did?!? I've never let the kids say "it is easy". Both Grace and Hunter are so fortunate because things tend to come to them easily and they are smart - Well, I do not like to hear how easy things are. I have said they can say "It was not too hard for me." or "I was able to do it." - that sort of thing. But never "It's easy!" So I felt like that little lesson in life paid off this week with Grace and I was really proud of her.
Yesterday she went on a field trip with a select few students. It was for raising the most money for the Fund Run. Well it was Grace's teacher and the principal that went with the kids and evidently her teacher was still so proud of Grace that he told the principal about it. Grace was pretty excited about that.
I also had Hunter's IEP meeting for speech this week. He is doing well and still trying hard but I am so glad that he is still seeing the speech therapist and we hope to have him done this year. Those R's are just tricky!! He is doing just as well in school as Grace but I think he needs a little more encouragement to focus and to want to do well. Sometimes I think he is under the impression that school is all about PE and recess. But I am often hearing from one of the recess ladies that works in the office about good choices Hunter makes - sportsmanship and all. I love those stories!!
Well I will get on with our Saturday morning. Today is Hunter's last football game. A little sad about this. He has had so much fun with it, I am bummed it is over. Then tonight is a hockey game - Chiefs vs. Americans (the big rival). Should be a good game. I work and I got tickets for Ed and the kids to sit in what I hope is my section. As of Wednesday it was my section but we shall see.
Hope everyone has a nice and sunny weekend. Hugs.
Then it was off to the orthodontist for Grace. It was for the final consult with the doctor setting up his plan of action. She will be getting braces on - but not until January! They were booking out that far. Crazy! It isn't like it is a huge deal, I mean we can wait. But better to get it started so they will get done. We are in a place between my job and Ed's dental insurance that we are able to take care of it without too much out of pocket expense so that is nice.
Our week was fairly uneventful. Work and school sums it up really. Grace's softball season ended and she has now started volleyball. I am really proud of her because she is doing all the sports and doing her best. It sounds like there is a bit of running at practice now and she is not a fan of running, but she is doing it. I think she is even proud of herself!
Speaking of proud of her. I will share my proud-mom moment of the week. Grace had a math test this week. Evidently it was not easy and was 100points. So she came home two days ago to say she got 100 on it. Yay Grace! But that isn't the proud part. I guess only three people got 100 on it. The teacher was saying that to the class and the other two were all excited and bragging about their score. Well Grace's teacher said something to her about "You really rocked that test didn't you Grace? You are the other one that got 100 aren't you?" Yes, she was. Well he said how he was proud of her for not bragging like the other students and patted her on the back. My heart just smiled when she told me that. I told her how I was more proud of her for that little bit of it than the score and she said "That's what I was thinking!" So she saw how it paid off to be humble and all. I don't think Hunter quite got it and I was saying how imagine if you are the kid sitting next to her and you didn't do so well ... How would it feel to hear her saying how great she did?!? I've never let the kids say "it is easy". Both Grace and Hunter are so fortunate because things tend to come to them easily and they are smart - Well, I do not like to hear how easy things are. I have said they can say "It was not too hard for me." or "I was able to do it." - that sort of thing. But never "It's easy!" So I felt like that little lesson in life paid off this week with Grace and I was really proud of her.
Yesterday she went on a field trip with a select few students. It was for raising the most money for the Fund Run. Well it was Grace's teacher and the principal that went with the kids and evidently her teacher was still so proud of Grace that he told the principal about it. Grace was pretty excited about that.
I also had Hunter's IEP meeting for speech this week. He is doing well and still trying hard but I am so glad that he is still seeing the speech therapist and we hope to have him done this year. Those R's are just tricky!! He is doing just as well in school as Grace but I think he needs a little more encouragement to focus and to want to do well. Sometimes I think he is under the impression that school is all about PE and recess. But I am often hearing from one of the recess ladies that works in the office about good choices Hunter makes - sportsmanship and all. I love those stories!!
Well I will get on with our Saturday morning. Today is Hunter's last football game. A little sad about this. He has had so much fun with it, I am bummed it is over. Then tonight is a hockey game - Chiefs vs. Americans (the big rival). Should be a good game. I work and I got tickets for Ed and the kids to sit in what I hope is my section. As of Wednesday it was my section but we shall see.
Hope everyone has a nice and sunny weekend. Hugs.
0 comments:
Post a Comment